The irrigation team member contributes to Landscape Maintenance Professionals, Inc. (LMP, Inc.’s) goal of being recognized as a top performing and highly reputable full service landscape maintenance provider by actively participating in the strategic objectives of:
- Creating a safe, efficient and productive workplace environment that affords each employee the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the company and themselves.
- Producing high quality work that is reflective of the standards of service developed by LMP, Inc. inclusive of focusing on the details.
The individual in this position performs the duties listed below:
Irrigation Technician Responsibilities:
- Provides timely, high quality and professional irrigation services.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the repair of irrigation.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with account/branch managers to aid in identifying and resolving customer concerns.
- Keeps required records, makes reports of irrigation repairs to propose, and completed.
- Effectively minimizes overtime and keeps to scheduled hourly production expectations.
Facilities & Equipment Management:
- Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks; troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
- Visually inspects irrigation systems for coverage and functionality.
- Responsible for performing monthly irrigation inspections by testing irrigation systems for proper function of all components, including controllers, valves and moisture sensors.
- Uses electrical meters and wire trackers to identify issues and to locate valves and wiring.
- Locates, excavates and repairs/replaces any existing irrigation system component.
- Installs, tests, sets all irrigation system components, including irrigation pipe, valves, wiring, controllers, rain sensors and soil moisture sensors.
- Assists Irrigation Manager in coordinating and performing preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles.
- Cleans or services machinery to ensure operating efficiency, using water, gasoline, lubricants, or hand tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Maintains a safe work environment and performs all duties in a safe manner. Reports all safety violations to management.
- Effectively implements and manages any and all policy or procedural changes initiated by LMP, Inc.
- Drives trucks and pulls trailers safely per state law and LMP, Inc. policies.
- Ensures that there is a spotter when back up trucks and trailers.
The individual should have the skills listed below:
- Minimum 1 year experience related to irrigation systems.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida Driver’s License per insurance carrier specifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors; ability to work cooperatively with employees, and the general public.
If you believe you have what it takes to be an Irrigation Technician then complete and return an application or submit your resume to careers@LMPPRO.com